Retro 3-pack amiibo Review

Written by DDD&Watch

The Retro 3-pack has two of my favourite Super Smash Bros. characters in it, so I had to buy it. It's exclusive to Gamestop, or EB Games. Because all three of the characters included are very minor, very unimportant characters, and not from a major franchise I thought they were going to be extremely rare, and I lined up to preorder it. Not very many people preordered it, and later it was available for preorder on their website, even though it was supposed to be in-store only. It turned out to be very easy to find when it came out, and you can probably still find it in store now. Here are some pictures of the box, then I'll move on to reviews for the individual amiibo in the 3-pack:
This is so big!!



Up close picture of everyone in the box
Size comparison with some of our other wave 5 amiibo.
The back of the huge box
The plastic insert in the box. It has tons of the snapping things
R.O.B.'s picture
Game and Watch's picture
Duck Hunt's picture


R.O.B.
R.O.B. was the amiibo in the Retro 3-pack I was excited for the most, because he's my secondary character in Super Smash Bros. He's bigger than I thought he would be, and looks wonderful. I really wanted to have a Japanese R.O.B., since I like the Famicon R.O.B. colours better, but the NES R.O.B. still looks very awesome. You almost can't see the gold part of R.O.B.'s base, and he actually has a black piece of plastic holding him up. His jet base looks very good, but you basically can't see it, and you can barely see it at all even if you turn him the right way. Here are the pictures of him:

You can't see it here, but R.O.B.'s eyes glow blue if you shine light on them in the right way
The finished R.O.B.'s arms are higher up than the leaked prototype's
You could use R.O.B.'s cord to hang him on the wall, but I don't recommend it
The light on his head seems smaller than it should be
The incredibly detailed words on R.O.B.'s base
(Click to make bigger)

Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch was one of the amiibo I really wanted, and after seeing that he would come with different kinds during E3 2015, I knew that I had to have him. Game and Watch is one of my favourite amiibo, and I can never have one Game and Watch on the base for five minutes. He is one of the more boring amiibo to look at though, because he's exactly the same on both sides. All the different Game and Watches look wonderful, and you should pick your favourite one, or change which one you use every two minutes like I do. Here are pictures:

All the other Game & Watches in their container that they came in
The normal Game & Watch. This somehow looks better than the others to me.
The bell Game & Watch. This is for everyone who likes his artwork from Brawl or Melee
Game & Watch using Judge. I like to use this when he's battling other amiibo
Game & Watch using Fire. I like this one a lot, but the actual Game & Watch is very small.
Look at my new trophy stand amiibo!
Game & Watch is ready to become your champion amiibo!
(Really, Game & Watch amiibo are very good)
*BZZZZZZZZZZ*
Put this next to another amiibo for an awesome display
This would look better with the trampoline, but it's still awesome!

Duck Hunt
Duck Hunt was the only amiibo in the Retro 3-pack that I didn't care about, but I grew to like him later. I was surprised about how tall he was when I got him, I imagined him to be very small. But then when you think about it, there's no way he couldn't be tall. Duck Hunt's very smooth, and not the most interesting to look at. In Smash Bros. though, he's very good considering I'm not very good with Duck Hunt. Here are some pictures:

It doesn't look like it here, but the Duck Hunt amiibo is very tall
Duck Hunt's stand is very large and clunky, but from the front it's hard to notice
The duck's wing looks awesome
The dog is looking at you...

The Retro 3-pack is very common, and is still very easy to find. If you don't have it, I recommend buying it. It comes with three very detailed amiibo, and they are  some of the funnest amiibo to use in Super Smash Bros.